Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Back at Home, With Friends, With Calm, and With Hopes for a Wonderful New Year

Casey ordered two shirts that she didn't want, so snuck them in a bag of my Christmas goods and I thought, "Hmm, these would be great Bert and Ernie outfits for Halloween." I tested them out on Glamis and her best friend, Jake, who spent the day together on Walnut Beach to keep out of the cold and rain. The arms were a little too long.

In the morning, I assisted Pam who needed to get a shot in her knee, which I obliged for the payment of an everything bagel egg sandwich. This later turned into a chicken wing lunch and a cheeseburger dinner - let's just say the holiday food consumption hasn't been turned off just yet.

For a period of time, most of CT was without Internet, because the local provider lost its service. This was a bit of a challenge, as most everything we're accustomed to do relies on Internet service. We tried to entertain ourselves with made up games and conversations, but we kept wanting to get online for the next thing. We are addicted. Society has made us this way. We are socially defunct.
And today is the last day of 2019, and I'm excited for a new decade, especially since 20/20 has a ring to it (more to come tomorrow).

It was a great day to sit by a fire, to sip wine, to share holiday tales and to make predictions for the upcoming year. I also drove around trying to finish Educated but I still have 3 hours left. It's so good; I'm looking for excuses to listen more to this book (it's an 11-hour book!)

But today is for crossing i's and dotting t's (intended pun) and for putting a close to the year that just was and the one that is on the horizon.

Happy New Year's Eve, world. I think many of us are looking to a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment