Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Definitely on the Holiday Bandwagon...Almost As If I'm Addicted, Actually. It's the One Day I Take a Break!

My older sister collaged a bunch of photos from over the years, and it sparked me to do the same. She wondered what theme I'd go with this year (and to be honest, I've only heard the theme that we should not keep the traditions alive and lighten Christmas, so it wasn't on my mind to do anything). But, the photos instigated that something has to be done, as the 24th is always spent on Pine Grove getting my sisters drunk and then having a reading of A Flake Like Mike and Cracker Dave, The Farting Christmas Cat. It's too much, which is on par for how I live my life and I assumed it was no more.

But...it's on.

Yesterday, Tuesday, was day 2 for 14 hour days and I was excited to take part in a National Writing Project call where Allison Fallon, Beth Boquet, Mary Himes and I were able to share our work (and NCTE presentation), "Unloading a Response to Gun Violence: Pens in the Hands of Writers." We all played numerous rolls on the collaboration, so it will be exciting to be in the same space to share the thinking with the entire network. 

I also got ESTP meeting minutes done and GSEAP Faculty notes sent. Why? Well, Wednesday requires 150% of me to be on task with EN 411: Teaching the Composing Processes - we have a huge night ahead and I need to get ready for all of it. It now looks like Chitunga arrives Thursday, so that will be Thursday night and Friday will have to be our shopping spree. God bless, I hate crowds but we got to get this done...together.

On another note, I barbecued cauliflower last night to go with pulled chicken and green beans. It's the little things that excite me --- that is, I found time (and keep finding time) to cook every night. Go figure. And, I am finding/making time to run! 

The older I get the more time-restrained my days - I simply got to make things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment