Friday, December 27, 2019

I've Been Home Seven Days, And It Was Only Last Night That My Father Talked Me Into Going to Chubby's

We were the only ones there besides the employees. We got our drinks and, after dinner, my father felt the need to order fried mushrooms - no idea why. He ate them, and I sipped bourbon while the bartender played Quick Draw. It's been a week. I feel complete withdrawal that it took this long to be invited to Chubby's. The wait was worth every second.

Meanwhile. I spent the day working on 2020 and getting projects started that are going to be awaiting me Sunday when I return to Connecticut. Mike and I created a safety net for my parents' new television, and I put in the new floor mats that Chitunga bought my Subaru.

Glamis and I walked. I ran. I organized the gifts on a living room chair to return back to the Nutmeg State. I grilled up green beans to go with the leftovers and Butch introduced me to every Price Chopper employee as we went together to get a container of orange juice. We did his rounds after we visited Walmart to get a new belt.

It was an event-filled day.

And now it is Friday. Here we go. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment