Friday, December 20, 2019

And He Made It In Time to Celebrate Mimi's 75th at Cicero Country Pizza (with Cake In Hand)

The trip from CT to Cuse was without drama, unless you consider the burning flesh or scrapyard lacerations as depicted in Tara Westover's Educated dramatic. The traffic was limited and I didn't hit snow until Tully (of course - the CNY gray). Chitunga recommended the book via Sue McV and after hearing his enthusiasm, I knew I wanted to have it for this trip (I packed 4 audio books and 4 hardcover...we'll see if I get to 8 in a week).

It's a really good book, well-written, and very engaging.

Meanwhile, I made it home for the celebration where we ate thick, Sicilian crusted pan pizza, wings and came home for the Crandall cake I brought from Stratford. It was good and seemed to be enjoyable to others. Woot Woot.

We returned for presents, and Glamis got some lovin from Casey and Sean!

Now I wonder, "What are the chances no one will be out shopping tomorrow so I can have full reign of all the stores for myself?"

Ugh. That's what I thought.

Well, Friday, wish me luck. I'm going to go out in the madhouse of Rt. 11 and Rt. 31 to face the freaks out last-minute shopping (okay, that is me, too)

We got this.

And after a day of car food, pizza, and birthday cake, I'm ready to run a marathon and call it a holiday. The food! It's always too much from the 19th - 28th.

That is why we have New Years.

TGIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment