Monday, December 16, 2019

Day of Grading - But A Few Gifts Delivered Over the Weekend. The Departure is Almost Here

I have no problem being a cheap bastard. Well, I got Kaitlyn Marie a couple other gifts, but the scarf was only a couple of bucks at OSJL a few months ago. I know she knits scarves, but something about the bushy balls on this one caught my attention. I thought, "By God, this knitted piece should don the neck of my French-teaching friend, Kaitlyn."

Oui. Oui. A success. She loved it. And of course I had to say, "It was only $3. The only one they had."

I also got her Old Fashion glasses with Christmas K's on them for her name. If I go over, I guess it can be Krandall, too. Or Kris Kringle.

And the gift she got Tunga and I arrived in Syracuse. I sent it with him so I wouldn't be tempted to drink it before going to see my family.

Sunday? A run, a very cold walk with Glamis and Edem, success shopping (the Bed, Bath & Beyond store in Shelton was going out of business and everything was 40% off. Fun - although I didn't get much there...just for my house).

And I graded.

But the truth is, the kid didn't get home until 3 a.m. on Sunday morning causing Glamis to bark for 30 minutes as he and his friend debated politics out front. Could of killed him. Instead, I went with love. Said, "I'm not angry. I love you and glad you relaxed this weekend and had fun. That is what I know you needed. Now go to bed."

My 7 a.m. wake up time did me in. Not too much sleep, therefore last night I was in bed very early.
Here's to a day of grading and hopes everything will be completed by Wednesday! Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment