Thursday, December 5, 2019

Put a Fork in Me. I'm Done. I'm Cooked. I'm Zooted. I Am Feeling the Last Two Years. And Today I Will Sleep

This is what 7 a.m. looks like...well, 7:30 a.m. - I left at 6:45 a.m. to meet these two at Starbucks before our 8:30 presentation. They were wide-awake and happy, whereas I'm exhausted and don't do mornings well. Still, we met, somehow color coordinated, and zapped together the final presentation for the LRA conference (perhaps the most solid work put together for one of our collaborations).

I owe Dr. Kelly Chandler-Olcott the world for mentoring me at Syracuse University and Dr. Liz Lewis the applause for guiding the way (she was Kelly's doctoral student before me). Now we gather from time to time, put our heads together and think strategically about the work we're doing in 3 states. That was our presentation yesterday, and it was well received.

Let's just say that the 6:45 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. pace of the day had me returning to my hotel completely exhausted. There's much to post about the entirety of the day, but for now I'm just happy with this beautiful picture - time well spent with sages, mentors and friends. The conference season for 2019 is officially over. Amazing how the 2020 people are already recruiting me for sessions next year. I can't. I am simply fried at this point.

I am, however, thrilled that it ended with these two! I look forward to revising and editing the work. This has been a spectacular collaboration.

And I failed at sleeping in. I'm up at 7 writing this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment