Sunday, December 8, 2019

Didn't Last To The Holidays - Officially Shaved the White Spaghetti Squash Growing on My Face. Better?

Before and After. Before, up until 9:30 p.m. and after, soon after I got out of the shower after a long day. I knew I wanted to shave, but it became easier when Leo and Bev gave me a new razor and shaving cream because someone they know works for Gillette and dropped off bags of them. I took it as a sign.

I also see that I got sun while in Tampa - I thought it was all the booze we drank at the conference. Look at that, Lizzie, it is a tan. It is a tan.

I am amazed, however, that it takes a couple of years off rather quickly. I will soon be all white, but for now it is my sides and beard that is white. As a goatee it is tolerable; as a beard however, I look like a Billy Goat. It feels so much cleaner to be shaved.

That was yesterday's major accomplishment. Actually, I caught up on grading, got groceries and picked up Edem from the bus station. He has returned home after 3 years of working in Iowa. It's a transition time for him and I feel lucky that I am here. He's such a hard worker, dedicated young man; he hasn't found the perfect job yet. Instead, he's been strung along by many crappy ones. He needs a good lead and new experience.

Glamis says, "I'm glad he's back. It's someone else I can annoy."

Looks like I'll be making pulled chicken today and doing more writing (I'm trying to resist a tempting invitation for Nashville in February - I think I'm going to give in) (like, it could be so very very cool).

Okay, I need to tackle this day with my baby-bottom cheeks. I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment