Friday, December 6, 2019

Truth Is, I Have Two Different Sized Feet - Still Doesn't Change The Fact That I'm a Book Nerd

Funny how I've wanted someone to photograph my socks for some time now, but have never had the opportunity to let the dogs breathe while wearing them. Yesterday, however, in the heat of the conference, I took my shoes off and Tess, a Syracuse Alumni, was able to take a picture. It's official. The socks purchased by my colleague Diana Hulse have officially debuted on my blog. I am a Book Nerd, and I am proud. People might not understand my hoarding of books, but I geek to with them and have a difficult time letting them go.

So, another day of the Literacy Research Conference was a success, and I can say that I sat in the sun and did foot shots. Actually, I had a productive day of doing grant reports, networking, attending talks and reminiscing with Syracuse people.

Today will be full return mode, and although I will want to sleep on the plane, I'm sure I will read a book and work on items needing my attention for the weekend.

It was great playing in Tampa, but I know it's time to fess up to the inevitable of the northeast. For those staying at LRA for a couple more days, enjoy every second of it. I wish I could stay, but I have obligations needing my attention. It was a wonderful time.


No comments:

Post a Comment