Saturday, December 14, 2019

Wonderful Friday Evening Spent with Fairfield County Community Foundations Networking with Wonderful People

Was great to collaborate with the Fairfield County Community Foundation to host a networking opportunity for Bridgeport non-Profits at the Hub & Spoke restaurant last nice. CWP-Fairfield did the mailings and programs, and I am forever grateful to Joanna, my graduate assistant, for finding the time in her hectic life to keep me focused on this event. It was wonderful to have her daughter, Jillian, with us, too, as well Edem, who has returned to live with me in Connecticut. The evening was exceptionally wonderful with good people, excellent company and a roof to hide the rain.

My greatest celebration of the day, however, was from watching the Louisville/Texas NCAA volleyball games, especially as Louisville (unrated) went up two games and Texas (#2) came back two games. Although we had to leave for the community event, Edem and I later learned math Louisville took the 5th match, upsetting the #2 team. So awesome. Definitely watching them tomorrow night at 11 p.m. (if I can stay up that late).

But it needs to stop raining.

Meanwhile I did a little more holiday shopping, cooked for the weekend, and graded everything that has been submitted to me thus far. Come on, graduate students, keep the projects coming.

Today, I'm heading to the Cabaret to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - a musical that I haven't seen since my college days...Ah, but it's a gathering of friends for a fun afternoon, so when in Rome I'll be Roman.

Happy Saturday, all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment