Tuesday, December 10, 2019

I Suppose I Could Be Bah-Humbug, But I Love the Ridiculousness of the Holidays...Always Have

A few years ago, when President von Arx was at the University, Fairfield released holiday videos that wished everyone a fantastic break and that brought hilarious humor and cheer to all of us getting ready for a much needed break. I forgot about these, but they resurrected yesterday and, cough cough, so did the screen shots. Basically, a film crew came with holiday wear and we had to lip sing to a holiday song.

I, of course, had my own holiday Christmas wear and brought it in for the shoot. We did a choreographed, Radio Music Show routine, but my face was extremely animated through it all. A colleague said, "Crandall, not your best angle. That's for sure."

Still, it was fun. All of us grading and stressing and frustrated and exhausted, simply came out to the hallway to perform like foolish elves in front of the camera. Wait, I bet I can find it...

...I think I did.

I'm laughing, and excited, and happy to post this hear as December does what it does and we close out last classes for the season (then the grading, ah! the grading).

It's this, however, that gives us reason. I love the silliness and campiness of such shenanigans. Any excuse to be tacky and corny....I'm in.

Who wants to shoot a video this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment