Sunday, December 22, 2019

Mom Was Officially Dressed for the Holidays Last Night in a a Pair of Hot Pink Penguin Pajamas. All is Official.

I knew as soon as I saw them, that my mother needed these pajamas for the holiday season. It is my tradition to get her a couple of pairs and lucky for me (after a bad attempt) I walked right into the Chill-Out penguin this afternoon. She can now chill out on her iPad, over fire-lit dinners, and on late nights in her chair. She's officially sporting the tacky while she sleeps - which she's been doing to humor me for several years (if not decades).

And I have the holiday crud. I'm not coughing, but congested and my head feels like it is under water. I tried to take a nap, but couldn't - I've never been able to do that. One of these days I need someone to teach me how.

Glamis is good at it, though. I took her for a long walk, so I knew she'd be ready to call it a night.

After a bit of drama, it does seems as if the stove will be salvaged on Amalfi Drive for another year, although she is resting in Oven Off for a few days (needing a few layers of materials to be attended to). We learned, too, that grease fires do not have the power to blow up an entire house, but baking soda is the cure-all (that, and a cookie tray to smother the burning grease). We're lucky, because Mom might have been wearing pajamas where you couldn't see the penguin.

How many brother-in-laws does it take to screw in a light bulb? Two. As long as they have a niece screaming directions from the other room.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

Warm fuzzy pajamas for the win! Now time for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment