Friday, November 1, 2019

They Cleaned Us Out. Weather or No Weather. Stratford Kids Wanted Their Candy, No Matter What

Glamis and I felt bad closing up shop at 8 p.m., but we were tapped out. I took tally by the 100 Halloween penciled I had read, plus candy, which disappeared by 7 p..m. - I then tapped into the other candy bags and the CWP treats I had up my sleeve. Easily, 200 kids came up my driveway, and I am stingy with the way I contribute goods to the locals.

When I shut my lights out at 8 p.m., I know there were another 100 teenagers who walked by. Sorry pubescent, pre-adult bastards, the little ones soaked us for all our worth.

In the years I've been at Mt. Pleasant, I only had one year where it wasn't a mad house. I believe I live in an area that is marked by families from Stratford, New Haven, and Bridgeport, and I swear buses drop them off. There were moments last night where the line to my drawer looked cafeteria-like. Glamis, of course, was my alarm system letting me know when a new posse was coming to the door.

It's a great holiday and I'm thankful that the storms that were predicted for 8 p.m. (100%) held off as long as they did. This morning, when we woke up, I didn't think anyone would celebrate the spirits of Weenie Fest. Nope. It didn't rain from 4 until 9, so the kids were out in full force (and even adults - I don't remember adults trick or treating like they do now. I know many make an argument about teenagers in support of their youth, but I had posses of adults, without kids, coming up to my door without costumes).

I guess they just want candy.

Glamis, The Wonder Dog, did not enjoy being a Cowardly Lion, but without costume, she was good to greet everyone at the door.

As for me? I'm thankful to Pam Kelly who gave me a tub of macaroni and cheese which saved me when I settled down for dinner after shutting the lights out.

Okay, it's not time to focus on Turkey. That is a much more subdued holiday.

It is also no-shave November. I cleaned up yesterday and am going for a month without a razor. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment