Friday, November 15, 2019

Glamis the Wonder Dog is Thrilled to Have a Special Guest for the Weekend. Scout from Hamden

The stares, licks, paws, tails, nudges, cuddles, whimpers, love and fur are with me in stereo until Monday night. Glamis is thrilled to announce that her friend Scout is staying over for a long weekend and they're already sharing toys, biscuits, doggy beds, and neurosis. It's total competition for my attention. And for toys. And for biscuits.

And the cold got to me last night. From the second I came home, made dinner (didn't eat it because I got distracted editing) and settled in for grading, I wanted to fall asleep. I couldn't get my brain working, until I grabbed hot tea. Herein lies the reality of the oncoming winter months. If there was a bed downstairs, I am sure I would have curled up in it and actually napped. But the tea worked. I ended up in a 5 hour editing frenzy, until I finally got to my dinner around 9:15 pm.

Setting out this morning to get my haircut, walked these fuzzballs and settling in for another day of writing, grading, and organizing for next week's trip to Baltimore.

These two are a hoot - competing for everything, but not so keen on joining forces with one another to accomplish their goals.

I'm sure I'm with most the nation in today's claim, "Thank God it's Friday." I'm also lucky that there's not the usual commitments on the radar.

Okay, dogs. Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment