Friday, November 29, 2019

Last Turkey Post for a Year. Not Eating Again Until December 24th. I Should Be Hungry By Then

The best part of being in the kitchen since 7:45 a.m.? There will be leftovers for a few days, and then some. We all outdid ourselves: Pam with the stuffing and sweet potatoes, Kaitlyn with the Bree and Brussel sprouts, Tunga with the Green Bean casserole (with bacon), Dominic with the homemade bread and Basil Hayden.

I did the turkey, carrots, asparagus and potatoes. And I kept thinking I'd get a chance to leave the kitchen, but didn't, having to take a shower as everyone else arrived.

It is amazing, too, how much alcohol can be consumed while entertaining a crowd. It wasn't just me; it was everyone. I made a cranberry, ginger beer, vodka drink to kick things off, and then we opened the Basil Hayden and practically traveled to "Daneland," as Kaitlyn called it.

The dogs did great, too, although butterlips Glamis got some of the turkey skin with her sleuth-like slithering when no one was looking.

Shopping today? Hmmm. I don't think so. I think I will run a 5K, walk the dog, and run another 5K just to burn off the calories I consumed. I kept saying, "We perfected this holiday meal and there wasn't a bad bit from anybody's plates.

We even had apple pie and ice cream for dessert.

All in all, a fantastic day, which we should cherish for a very long time. Happy Friday, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment