Saturday, November 2, 2019

Oh, I Used To Get Wooden Bowling Pins As a Participation Award When I Was a Kid. I Still Can't Bowl

I capped off my work-week with pizza dinner and a game of strike-n-spare-n-gutter at Bowlero in Milford. It was an award after a long day in the office doing the work that always needs to get done. Glamis got her walk in and I go a run, so all was well with the day, although cheese and me are no longer friends. My stomach hates the goo!

I bought Noelle a gift card for her birthday and she's been wanting to cash it in. She forgot it, but that's okay because we had fun anyway.

Leo won. He had the best stride of us all and was most consistent with spares and strikes. Mine were haphazard and because it was so dark I couldn't see my arrow. That, and I forget how oily and greasy lanes can be. At times I hit the mark, but mostly I was a messy bowler. The house was remortgaged to play, and we had a great time.

This morning, I'm drinking my coffee and heading to the Vicki Soto 5K. We had our first freeze over night and I'm hoping it will be the last time  to mow the lawn - it sure does need it.

I can celebrate, however, that it is November 2nd and my heat hasn't been turned on yet. Something tells me I might be changing that plan of action very soon as the nightly temperatures get as low as they are.

I'm glad it's the weekend. I need one....bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment