Tuesday, November 26, 2019

In The Care of Many: So Glad Glamis Has The Love of Ubuntu Academy, All These Years Later

Abonga and Omar have been my reliable dog sitters for several years now, and they are always reliable to take care of Glamis when I go on my November/December treks to literacy conferences. Last night, they came by with friends from yesteryear, as they were heading to a studio in Shelton to do some recordings of their music and song-making. They wanted to stop by.

I now realize why Glamis seems so attention-seeking when I return. They give her so much attention: walks, food, playfulness and conversation. She's become a heroine in their worlds.

Happy Tuesday before Turkey everyone. I'm heading to the office for more accounting work and to finalize next week's conference paper for LRA in Tampa. I also did a journey to Big Y and have a tremendous bird for another year of gathering on Mt. Pleasant. We are likely to have a smaller crowd this year, but the appreciation and thankfulness will be the same. It just occurred to me how late the holiday is and how quickly I'll need to be wrapping gifts and stuffing stockings. I need to tap ingenuity this year, because I've not been paced and strategic as years past.

As I told the bagger the grocery store, my male brain can't handle the need to buy for the holiday, and also the days before and after. I'm good for Thursday but today, Wednesday and following, I'm a little scarce on the preparation front.

It's all good. Everything evolves as it always should. This morning, I'm most excited about the stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. That is what makes me mouth water.

And it will be here soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment