Sunday, November 3, 2019

Daylight Savings Bry - I Guess This Falling Back Has Me Falling Way Back

I definitely felt the summer and fall semester catch up to me yesterday after the Vicki Soto run, lawn-mowing and West Haven art show. I wanted to be home by 6, to simply find a movie and call it an evening. By 6:30, I was ready to call it a night and went to bed. Lucky for me, I also gained an additional hour. The snap to cold temperatures, the race, and the long hours kept from June to now has cramped me up and made it impossible to keep my eyes open.

I hate feeling so tired, but I know when my body is ready to collapse. I can see the moldy leaves packed under my eyes as I posed with the inflatable pink flamingos handed out at the beer tent.

Ah, that's it. First time I ever drank beer after a 5K, and I'm 100% sure that's what threw my entire universe upside down. I couldn't take another second of being awake and as soon as it got dark, my body wanted to fall asleep....so it did.

Ah, Sunday (with the extra hour behind ya) what is there to accomplish today. Definitely hoping the long sleep rejuvenates me some as the November month ahead is one for the record books. Ever since I was a little kid, I've hated being tired. It's easy for me to give in because I simply can't function. Alas....middle age is my nemesis.

I guess I should be thankful for such reminders that rest is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment