Friday, November 22, 2019

Today's a Heavy-Lifting Day, and Can't Wait to Present #NCTE19 with @CWPFairfield Teachers

So, I actually have become a variation of Oprah Winfrey in my adult life, having played host to a panel of writers, teachers and scholars working through and with Dr. Rose Brock's Hope Nation. I got to play a more subdued, socially conscious Phil Donahue and I have to say that I think it might have been one of the best presentations I've ever been part of. Everything gelled Wonderfull and all the conversations were rich, poignant and powerful.

Loved, loved, loved that it was a National Writing Project session.
Rebecca Marsick, Kim Herzog, Nic Stone, Rose Brock, Susan James and Amanda Haugen simply rock in all they do, invest in and offer to the universe. What a tremendous pleasure to have time to work with them.

This morning, however, a little more tired than yesterday, I'm working with Dr. Beth Boquet and Allison Fallon with our #UNLOAD collaboration and supporting middle/high school educators to address gun violence in schools. We did a variation of this at NCTEAR in February, but this time with hav a Boquet of Knowledge with us, our supporter and friend Beth. I'm hoping our early session gets a good crowd.

Also looking forward to being at a table with Chris Crowe and CWP-Fairfield teacher, William King, and to follow that session with a Young Adult Literacy Lab fiesta: Writing in the Limelight! We hope to have as many guests as we have presenters. It will be a fun-filled, action packed day.

It takes a lot of work for many to make experiences like this happen, and I'm always thrilled to share it with the K-12 teachers from Connecticut and their expertise. Thursday was great, but today will be fantastic.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment