Thursday, November 28, 2019

Let Them Run For Turkeys While I Cook One and Prepare for Mt. Pleasant Feast 2019

Chitunga and Kaitlyn signed up for a Thanksgiving 5K, and I opted to bypass so I can roast the turkey, peel the potatoes, bake the carrots and set the table for our 2 pm dinner. I think everything is set, and only time will tell - it doesn't happen until it happens the ways that it happens.

The house is clean only to be messed up again with guests, but that is okay because it's an occasion to give thanks, to appreciate one another and to think about the fortunes we have with one another and in the United States.

I had to go back to the grocery store again, and we opted for Paradise Pizza for dinner, so that made that easy (love their barbecue pizza pie).

Also began another writing project, but that was only because Chitunga showed up later than he anticipated so I had an unexpected batch of time in my day. This morning, however, I wish that I was running, too. I have a feeling there will be a lot of eating this afternoon (and sleepiness as a result)

We are ready to get into the routine of the weekend, a break between conferences and the academic life, but wanting more for our semesters to be over. Tis the time of year to simply be exhausted.

But with gravy on the horizon and stuffing, I'm not worried about any of that this morning. Instead, I'll monitor the Macy Day parade and see if a balloon or two will take down windows and a few pedestrians with the wind. At least it's not cold and we don't have snow. I'm ready to work with this and make it a memorable holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment