Monday, May 20, 2019

Well, @ginaludlow, We Both Can Say...That's a Wrap, Spring Semester. This Is For The Kids of Tomorrow

Since 2011, I've been able to Marshall the undergraduate and graduate commencements at Fairfield University, but this year I had to stay back as I was awaiting to hear if Chitunga would participate in his own ceremony (he opted to wait for his Masters). So, I missed the undergraduate ceremony and arrived for the graduate walk on Bellarmine Lawn to applaud, cheer, and scream for this year's graduate students.

Many finger snaps for the School of Nursing Doctoral students who were hooded at the ceremony. Very, very Nice. I love that they lead the ceremony.

And I'm equally as proud of the 2019 GSEAP graduates who turned their tassels and are getting ready for a career in counseling, school psychology, technology and teaching. I'm especially proud of Ms. Gina Ludlow who found pep in her step with advocacy work at Fairfield Warde and who has made a tremendous difference in all our lives in the Graduate School.

All of us in GSEAP are equally as proud of Ms. Pamela Kelly, mother to Patrick and Kaitlyn, twin sister to me, and Assistant Dean for us all. She's completed her Masters and I know that all of us want to celebrate her accomplishment (Chitunga is ready to share a back patio party, too, if she'll join him). She's studied hard, while working full time, to finish up her program. And it's done!

Now, with this official day at its completion, I'm full-force ahead for CWP summer programming, my busiest time of year. It must be noted, however, that everyone who goes back to school to earn an advanced degree deserves the hugs, the congratulations, and the support for their accomplishments. It's not easy in a fast-paced world to stick with the goals and to carry them forth, but when you do, it all pays off.

Here's to all the 2019 graduates. May the hard work be put back into play as you make the world an even better place to inhabit that it currently is!

No comments:

Post a Comment