Friday, May 17, 2019

I Can't Catch a Break. My Nose Is Now a Pollen-Induced Faucet of Throat-Aching Mucus and Annoyance

I witnessed that Lily of the Valley is in full bloom and although I love the scent it puts in the air, like the Wysteria and Lilacs, my nostrils, sinuses, chest and ears are cursing the green pollen crud covering windowsills, tables, windshields and air streams. I can't stop sneezing, coughing, and dripping.

Oh, Spring.

I just am thankful I'm not in the Ohio River Valley where the sinus pressure also accompanies the blossoming crud.

On a good front, I now have a new office for the summer in Donnarumma Ding Dong and I'm set up to continue the work I'm destined to do. My throat, however, is on fire. As I sip ginger tea with honey, and take the Zyrtec, I'm hoping that something will finally give so I can get past my annual spring agonizing.

Such a beautiful time of year and I'm thankful for the 70-degree weather that has finally graced Connecticut. Alas, I want to be able to breathe, to run, to clean my house and to have my brain back to complete the tasks at hand. Instead, it's a ballet of Kleenex, fogginess, and popping ears.

This too shall pass, but not soon enough.

It simply drives me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment