Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Memorial Day, as Summed Up by Glamis and the Ish - Wiped Out and Ready to Return To Work

I had to laugh when, at around 7 p.m., Kris pointed to under the table and said, "Look who wiped each other out." Glamis and Ish were pals all day, playing frisbee, running around, throwing sticks, eating hotdogs, and kicking around a soccer ball. It was great to see them napping under the table after we finished a game of volleyball and the dishes were brought inside.

It was an impromptu picnic where graduates from Ubuntu Academy came by and my neighbors the Wooley-Sealys. The other guests couldn't make it, so we did chicken, beans, salad, cous cous, beans and more beans without them. It was great food for a perfect day of cooperating weather.

I'm a bit sunburned, however, as I did more yard work, ran, set up the volleyball court and corn hole set, and did more weeding. I didn't want to go indoors and my skin represents this.

Ah, but it's Tuesday and I took advantage of the extra weekend day. My relocated office doesn't have a window, so the thought of being trapped indoors is a bit alarming and frustrating, especially after 3 great days.

My one disappointment? I have six books I pulled out to read over the weekend and I didn't get to any of them. This is frustrating as reading in the sun was a way I wanted to spend the time off.
Oh, well, there's always evenings.

Okay, work week. Be good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment