Saturday, May 4, 2019

Derbying Ding Dongs in Connecticut - The Tradition Will Continue. The Mint Leaves Have Soaked.

Mt. Pleasant will be open for mint juleps starting sometime around 4 p.m., after colleagues and I do the last round of interviews for the 2019 Invitational Leadership Institute with the Connecticut Writing Project at Fairfield University.

I completed my undergraduate grading on Friday afternoon, did interviews until 6, and then went on a shopping spree. Hoping there's propane in the grill tank, because the burgers, vegetables and dogs have been purchases.

The mint leaves have been splintered for simple syrup and the bourbon is purchased. Now, all we need is sun. I know that is unlikely in Kentucky, but we're hoping for dry skies in Connecticut. It would be nice to break in the back porch this spring, too (used to love hosting this event at my home on Eastman in Cicero, too.

As for a clean house? Let's just say that we are vacating our building this summer and my house is the storage area for my office. It needs work, and I write my apologies here. I will do what I can when I know that I'm up against the clock.

Now, if I can only remember to print out the horses while at work and I can get home in time to prep the food before company and CT horse-betters arrive.

Funny, This is sort of pre-Donnarumma Ding Dong Derby party...I will have an office in that building sometime later this month.

Exhausted? Yup. Horsebags under my eyes.

But I'm channeling Kentucky the best way I know how. May the horses be safe and the spectators on their best behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment