Wednesday, May 1, 2019

It Snot That I Hate Spring (It Snot That I Hate Blooms) and It Snot That Pollen Isn't Wonderful. It's Simply Snot.

Hey, It's May! Of course there are flowers.

I am inhaling floral dust every time I take a breath and my car is covered with yellow and green tree sponge. I was reminded of this yesterday while walking from office A in Canisius to office B in Donnarumma Ding Dong. A dogwood caught my attention and I had to take its picture (I think it is a Dogwood). The day was gray and murky, but the colors of the tree were vibrant.

Ah, Spring. It's the season where I sneeze all day and at night, allow my nasal passages  to dump phlegm rockets into my chest, so when I wake up in the morning I can cough and blow my nose projecting said phlegm nuggets back into the universe.

How is this different from the last 3 months? It's a different cough...not the painful, bronchial one that last week's steroids knocked out. Yet, it's still a cough.

Today is the 1st official day without undergraduates and we are spending it in faculty meetings and professional development. This afternoon, too, I will be attending the Library Research Prize ceremony and doing our first round of Invitational Leadership Institute interviews. We'll have a big crew this summer.

In the meantime, it's grading at every crevice of the day that I can find. Let the misery be with me for the next 7 days, and allow me the space and energy to get everything assessed.

I am with my fellow academics on this one. Tis that time of year, but at least the campus is coming alive again for the summer (sad all the students miss this).

In the meantime. Ha-Choo!


No comments:

Post a Comment