Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Weird That Gray Skies, Rain, Colder Temperatures and Dreariness Would Trigger A Craving for Peanut Butter and Ice Cream (Mother's Son)

The ice cream bug usually only hits when I'm in CNY and around my mom and brother-in-law. I typically don't crave ice cream, but I will never resist an invitation to the Walnut Creamery. With that noted, my sweet tooth turned on last night and I stopped by Big Y to see if they had their super chunk Reese's Peanut Butter Peanut Butter Cookies (yes, they're disgustingly rich, but they are so good).

Drat! They had them.

So, I returned home and lurked in the fridge for vanilla ice cream that was likely there from last summer when Tunga was home (like I said, I don't get ice cream cravings too often).

I guess I needed the sugar or my body was craving for the warmer weather this past weekend promised (note the limes in the background waiting to be squeezed into margaritas or mojitos).

And, after a plate of leftovers from the Memorial Day celebrations, I said, "Okay, let's do this up," and gave Glamis a bowl of vanilla and then loaded mine up with crap.

My eyes were bigger than my stomach, although my older sister asked, "Are you licking the bowl?" when her husband caught me in the ice cream indulgence. I wasn't licking the bowl. I was scraping the bowl with my silver spoon...that's what she heard.

I know my mother is reading this right now wondering why I didn't offer to make her a bowl. It might be 7:45 a.m. when she reads this, too, and it wouldn't surprise me if she heads to the fridge to replicate the dessert.

It was a one-night ordeal. I'm over it and thinking about it makes my stomach spin. But, between 7 pm and 8 pm last night, it was exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment