Saturday, May 25, 2019

The Latest Addition of Pupperdoodles in the World of Dog-Loving People...A Night With Jack

My friends Shirls and Gary found themselves a new love nugget, and I couldn't resist the temptation to have piranha teeth dig into my skin and to smell the wonderful puppy breath. It was hard to resist, too, poking at the pork belly and snuggling up with its fluff and fur. They named him Jack, and he was wonderful with the other dogs - if not brave.

I've never brought a dog into my home that was this young, as Juliette, Baby and Glamis were all rescues and a little older. Consequently, I missed out on the chewing phase where everything is a potential kibbles and bit. Jack loved him some plants and dirt. Yum. Anything to put into his mouth, including Jake's fleshy cheeks and any tail that wagged his way.

I got this photo during a temporary nap when playing with the older dogs wiped him out. Way too adorable for words.

Now a few years of chewed furniture, ruined shoes, major accidents and "Jake, No!" is upon them. The restful days in their homes have subsided for a few years. As I said to them, "I'm amazed dogs ever were able to survive on their own. They put everything in their mouth and make the most ridiculous of decisions at ever corner."

Ah, but the snuggle, licks and nose nibbles are worth it all. Makes me want to get another one, but then I think of the headaches to come and I'm like, "Nope. I'm good."

But I will still visit - too cute not to....

No comments:

Post a Comment