Sunday, May 26, 2019

Done Got Dirty. Took Advantage of a Gorgeous Day to Re-Landscape and To Launch The Summer Months

To be honest, yesterday was the perfect day. It was in the mid-seventies, no humidity, and perfect to be outdoors. I decided that I would widen one of my corner gardens, redo my fire pit, put out annuals, and relocate some Japanese Irises and purple bee balm. I also spray painted the fire pit, weed whacked and cleaned the back patio. I move numerous rocks and I know my back and legs are going to hate me later today.

It is so rare to have space to work on my house and I loved every second of it, relocating the Alexs for outdoor music and getting my hands all grimy and gritty. The birds loves all the earthworms and insects I released, and they followed my every step. Now I'm ready to enjoy the backyard.

I also trimmed back numerous trees and took down a few shrubs that needed to go. I know with outdoor work that the labor can bite one in the butt and not take off in the direction one hopes. I just hope the relocation of foliage doesn't get angry at me and decides it likes its new home.

I also got a long walk on the beach with Glamis, Jake and Pam and even tasted margaritas, a salad, and some salmon.

The yard is also raked and everything has been hosed down. I don't look forward to the humid and miserable days, but love love love the perfect temperatures we got yesterday. Glamis was a mess as I moved and dug up things, as she's a creature of habit and skittish about any change.

I'm now thinking I want to do a little bit of a vegetable garden, especially tomatoes, as there's nothing better than eating them off the vine in the summer.

I will miss the family gathering in Syracuse, but feeling quite accomplished at the Homefront in Stratford. Nothing feels better than accomplishing a series of much-needed items on a to-do list. I have more, and I am awakening this morning sore, but feeling like I'm a little more on top of the world than I've been in a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment