Sunday, May 19, 2019

Happy Sunday! Happy Graduations! Congratulations Dolphins! Woot Woot Stags! Graduation Day

Last night, I made it to Walnut Beach in time to see the blue moon, although it was much pinker than it was blue. She lifted above Charles Island and made for a great full moon over the water - I love the 28 day cycle.

Today, it's off to campus for all the graduates, but my heart and mind are with Chitunga in upstate New York (although he chose not to walk). Still, he's on my mind as he's accomplished a lot of success in the last four years and I'm proud of him.

I accomplished a Saturday outside and did more of the yard work that I've been wanting to do for several weeks. There's still a lot more to do, but I'm satisfied with where I am.

I am also having many flashbacks to my senior year at Binghamton and how much none of us wanted it to end. We knew it was coming and nothing would ever be the same again and for every day of the last week, we awoke with excited youth, but also with apprehension of all still to come. I loved every second of that space of no work from classes, and moving onto our new worlds. There was absolute freedom in that short time and I'm thinking about everyone that made those four years what it was. Of  course, that was 25 years ago - that doesn't seem possible, because all the memories are fresh in my mind.

Okay, time to see the tassels turned. Here's to the graduates. They deserve the attention and the applause. Congratulations, especially to Pam Kelly, who is earning her Masters today.

No comments:

Post a Comment