Monday, September 23, 2019

Wow! It's Monday Again and All Eyes Are Focused On @StoryFestCT '19. It Happens This Week

I'm channeling the Saugatuck StoryFest's Youth Advisory Board for their enthusiasm, excitement and energy surround the author line-up for this upcoming weekend's literary take-over of southern Connecticut. The weekend was spend working on itineraries, putting last minute actions into play, and prepping for the teaching that must occur (as well as GSEAP responsibilities) before we dive in, head first, to the 2nd season of storytelling and literary achievement that is heading our way.

Am I exhausted? Well, I'm trying to get the needed rest it will take to be at my best when the 60+ writers arrive. I'm thankful, however, that the Westport Public Library, with Alex Giannini and Cody Diagle-Oriens, and teachers Kimberly Herzog and Rebecca Marsick are always on their A-game and are wonderful leaders and collaborators. I only need to bite my nails slightly, and I will let them gnaw on their knuckles.

It was a sun-filled weekend, but my mind has been on the t's needing to be dotted and the i's that have inevitably been crossed (pun intended).

Every day this week I will be a little more frazzled, but inevitably pumped, for all that will soon be arriving.

Happy Monday, folks. Hope to see many of you in Connecticut this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment