Sunday, September 22, 2019

And I Now Have Evidence Why I Don't Buy Nice Things For Glamis, No Matter How "Industrial" They Are

I was hoodwinked by the hype. Okay, maybe not the hype as much as the frog-details, but the company was Kong and it guaranteed months of stability with their special fibers, steal sewing, and incredible nutrient-fabricated cloth material. Perfect for any dog. I thought, "Good. I don't often buy Glamis expensive toys," but I thought this one would be fun to toss for a couple of months.

Well, an hour. Glamis had that crap tore up within 60-minutes I might as well have purchased the toy and thrown it in the garbage. .

The thing is, she was already on my shit-list, as I made two ham and cheese rolls (no bread in the house) and when I turned my back she swiped both of them off the counter. That was my lunch! Well, it ended up being hers.

I yelled at her and perhaps it was guilt that caused me to invest in the turbo-frog-enator. That was stupid.

So, I made myself a steak dinner and made sure she didn't get any of it. I let her lick the plates, but I'd be damned if she was going to be rewarded after a day of doing, well, what dogs naturally do. Sometimes I have high expectations and think she's practically human, but she's an imp: destructive, vindictive and a fiend for human food.

At least I got a steak, mushroom, tomato, bean and potato dinner out of the evening. I was really sad, though, that the frog-toy didn't last longer. I had faith in this, but even Kong makes customer-conning products.

I will go back to the sock knots and t-shirt balls that seems to last a lot longer and are definitely cheaper. They are made over the hand-me-downs that I twist up to hand her.

I knew I was in trouble when she tried to refuse a walk because she wanted only to play with the frog. She kept bringing it out back and would not allow me anywhere near it. I left her alone for a little while and that's when her Cujo and inner-shark came out. The shreds were everywhere, with frog guts on the living room floor, in her bed, by her food dish and in the corners of her mouth.

I think I should just give her car tires to chew on. Maybe that will be the solution. She was so happy, too - for a short while.
See, we can't have nice things. This is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment