Saturday, September 28, 2019

Not Sure How To Best Celebrate the Friday That Just Was: Perhaps - @JerryCraft @jarredamato @getnicced - All Panelists Today

Not going to lie. Yesterday, I was up at 5, out of the house by 6:30 a.m. and into two schools by 10 a.m..

Nic Stone, LL. McKinney and Tiffany Jackson were incredible. I could spend the rest of my career reflecting on what they offered the young adult writers and teachers in Connecticut schools.

But then we had the evening youth advisory board dinner, followed by the musical Monster Songs (Okay, listening to the sound track is one thing, but seeing it live - fabulous. There are no words).

This morning, however, is a debut of panelists and we start at 10 a.m. and end at 5. 60+ writers at the Saugatuck StoryFest and my house needs to get itself in gear.

Yep, I have the Syracuse Reading and Language Arts crew with me and I couldn't be prouder to have them on Mt. Pleasant. Glamis decided she'd take part, too.

There are many generations in one photograph, but Glamis, of course, wanted to hog the scene.

We're all here, of course, to celebrate the fabulous writers we brought, but also to show support for our Reading and Language Arts Crew here to cheer on Kelly Chandler Olcott. So wonderful to be able to host them all.

Ah, but yesterday. There are no words. It was amazing. The writers, the schools, the conversations, the dinner and the musical performance I'm very ready for the third and final day of Saugatuck StoryFest 19. The youth board did us proud yesterday day and the Orange and Blue crew made me extremely happy.

Phew.

Sometimes I feel just a little too lucky to be experiencing all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment