Sunday, September 1, 2019

Well, Glamis. I Hate To Break It To You, But We Are Heading Back to Connecticut Today.

We arrived on Friday, a little doped up, but must return today. She's back on her roost protecting Papi and Mimi from the evils of Amalfi Drive, but we have a new school year to kick off and (cough cough) we haven't begun to get things organized.

Yesterday was bitter/sweet. I hated saying good bye to Aunt Joni, but loved being reunited with family members and catching up on love, history, change, and updates. I just wish we could do it without having a sad occasion to bring us all together.

But, I have an Ibi Zoboi novel to finish, a lawn to mow, syllabi to create, and laundry to do. As much as I wish this was just down the street, it is a bit of a hike and I need to wake up and be 'at em.

I didn't pack another doggie valium for the way home, but think she should be okay for the trek. Tunga iis in Saratoga, and Dylan should be on his way back from Whitney Point. I will have to pass on chicken cutlets, but it's probably best to head out early to return back to the routine as quickly as I departed it.

Phew. Life goes a little too fast. Is it really September 1st again?

No comments:

Post a Comment