Tuesday, September 24, 2019

I Know When To Take a Break From the Chaos to Celebrate What Matters Most. Mahna Mahna. Doo Doo Do Doo Doo

Sometimes, a couple weeks ago, I sidetracked myself by looking for Mahna Mahna t-shirts on the Internet. I was thinking ahead to Christmas, and knew exactly what I wanted to get Kaitlyn Marie. Ah, but I forgot I ordered it.

Yesterday, on a quest to get things ready for Saugatuck and with a grant needing to be polished, I had much focus for my day. I came home from the University and said, "Crandall, tonight you grade for 5 hours before you fall asleep so you'll be able to stay on your A-game."

That's when I saw the package. I thought, "I wonder who sent me a gift."

Snap. I ordered it.

And having Butch Crandall tendencies (son of a Butch), I knew I couldn't move forward until I delivered it right away. Christmas is so....so...far away. What's wrong with a random act of kindness? So I drove the t-shirt to Kaitlyn's apartment and she poured me a bourbon to sip. This all worked out because I was then able to stop by Michael's and get more items for the author gift bags for this weekend.

Meanwhile, I did return home for 4 hours of grading. I only lost one hour, but put a 60-minute smile on my face.

The grading, of course, was entertained by the fact that I also bought Glamis a replacement toy from the remortgaged toy of a few days ago. This time I spent $2.45 and I have to say, Ocean State Job Lot, she hasn't destroyed it yet. But it squeaks. I'm reading essays of uteruses (squeak squeak), horrible break ups (squeak squeak), immigrating to a new nation (squeak squeak) and chance meetings with Laurie Halse Anderson (squeak squeak). It is the music of my life.

Mahna Mahna. Doo Doo Do Doo Doo.

Sometimes I'll have it no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment