Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Hump Day Promise: Hoping For Another Successful Day After Good Sleep, a Great Run, and University Instruction

On Monday night, I was in bed by 9 p.m. and this resulted in great rest that had me up and at the computer life with zest and pep. I even got a fantastic run in (who can complain about these temperatures and the cool breeze to wipe the sweat away?).

The good sleep brought forth a day of Tuesday productivity and I hope it will be the same today - Hump Day - as more meetings ensue, more writing needs to be done, and a graduate course needs to be taught late into the night.

Glamis wishes me to report, too, that she had a great evening walk before we returned for our dinners and her napping. I, on the other hand, proceeded to get back to work (as always).

Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. It is always the answer and when one gets 8 to 9 hours it makes all the difference in the world.

Tonight, my graduate students will be sharing personal essays they've written as part of their graduate course on teaching writing, and we will jump into another stellar model from Hope Nation by Rose Brock and the expertise of Kelly Gallagher, who is asking us to put writing on the front burner (Write Like This may be the most useful text I've ever used in support of writing teachers)(of course, his book needs to be accompanied with research articles, great models, and chapters about the best practices for teaching writing.

The middle of my week is typically the most hectic and I can already thing fondly of the weekend where I'll be able to catch-up on the other projects ahead (including Saugatuck StoryFest which is, GASP, just over a week away).

Okay, mid-week. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment