Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Sometimes I Think My Computer Screen Must Be Exhausted By Having To See My Face All Day

I'm trying to get better about chiseling out days each week to write, edit, revise, propose, create, and clean-up. I was on a war-path with POW! Power of Words (6th ed.) but got distracted by classes, so haven't been able to do the last round of edits (plus my own part). Yesterday, however, I was up at 7 and in bed by 10 and, other than walking the dog and running a 5K, my fingers were tapping and my Jim Carey-esque face was doing as it does.

Today, I won't be so lucky. I do have a new major writing project to kick-my morning off, but then I have to be on campus for a grant meeting, followed by another meeting, and of course, then there's my graduate course at night. I prefer days where I don't have distractions and when I can just go at it (the semester of my sabbatical was beautiful for that...wow, Glamis was just a puppy).

Maybe the secret is to have several projects going at once and finding time to chisel away at each whenever the moment arises where there's time to work on it. Variety is always a good thing, too, as I get sidetracked easily (well, yesterday's squirrel post tried to counter that).

Finally, I'm simply plugging in a Bria Parkman McCullough quote from the summer that she submitted as her final reflection after reading Hope Nation and participating in The Superpower of Hope. She killed the font.


No comments:

Post a Comment