Thursday, July 4, 2019

Teacher Institute Pause, But 4 Day Weekend Opportunity to Gather Up Our Strength For Non-Stop Action

Guess who's back? Back again? Well, it's easy. It's Abu. We were talking to teachers today and naming the fact that it's been 7 years of learning, mentorship, conversation, teaching, designing, questioning, and promoting of life stories. He's back in Stag country after a year of teaching up in Case nation at a magnet school. Now it's time for his influence on the teacher institute, the literacy labs and Ubuntu Academy.

Great to have a backbone, extra pair of arms and stronger pair of legs to help me out with the programming.

Yesterday, we hosted the teacher institute with incredible contributors like Sonya Huber and Alyson Martin, then attended the birthday party of a friend's son, turning 14. I think we figured out the Apple t.v. and although I tried to stay up to welcome his friend from NYC at 1 a.m., I had to get to bed. Let me have a couple cups of coffee and then I will wake them both up and ask, "Who are you? Why are you in my house?"

It will be funny because it will be the 4th of July. If only I had fireworks to wake them all up.

Fantastic, too, to welcome Akech to southern Connecticut, if only for 24 hours before he goes to Jersey to meet his girlfriend for a birthday weekend. He stopped by campus today to catch up and to stay on Mt. Pleasant for dinner, conversation, and a couple of games (before he did like Chitunga does and turned back to studying).

Glamis is in dog heaven having all the attention she is getting and, I'm afraid to say, it is attention that hasn't gotten her a walk. She's been trapped inside by the heat.

Not sure what the holiday plans are other than waking up and letting the day unravel as it will unravel. I know Chitunga is in Internet-less land for the next few days, which is burdensome, but I'll adapt.

It didn't take long for Mt. Pleasant to liven back up. And it won't take long for the quiet to return, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment