Wednesday, July 31, 2019

It's a Wednesday and I Am Channeling the Superpower It Will Take To Make It 3 More Days. #SuperpowerOfHope

This is a secret and this is Kevin. He's my math/artist teacher who is pre-service and astute- hired to run artistic aspects of our summer work (and his Spanish-speaking talents are also useful).

#TheSuperpowerOfHope

Truth is, the secret is a collaborative art project between teachers and students in Project Citizen, but they won't know this until Thursday (and today is a Hump Day). We've been using Matt de la Peña's Superman: Dawnbreaker in all of our programs and now it is time for teachers (and kids) to react.

That product is hush-hush, shhhhhh.

It will come, though.

So, we are mid-week, last week, and we are now at 200 youth and 40 teachers (those hired and those working for us). I feel like time is my kryptonite and I am unsure I can accomplish all I hope to (really, what I'm thinking about is if Chitunga make it to Orlando okay - he's on a business/intern trip).

Ah, but we can channel our heroes, our amazing humans, those who have incredible powers (my mom was always partial to the Incredible Hulk because she harvest such rage).

Me? I'm thinking that the only Superpower I have is hope and that I will make it to this Friday unscarred and optimistic of all still to come.

Phew. It's been a July.

No comments:

Post a Comment