Monday, July 22, 2019

I Screamed. He Screamed. We All Screamed for Ice-Cream. We Got Out Celebration In

It was a subdued Sunday. Abu was in NYC, Chitunga was studying for his CPA and I was in full-writing mode, followed by planning mode. I got a run in by noon (a hot one at that) and then proceeded to work in the office in my bedroom until 4:30 before I headed to the bookstore to find more copies of Twelfth Night and Henry V. Yes, our To Write or Not To Write Shakespeare lab begins today.

Also on docket? Ubuntu Academy, Project Citizen, and Who Do You Think You Are? The College Essay Lab. Meanwhile, our teachers enter week #5.

I'd say we deserved some ice cream on National Ice Cream Day, which was yesterday. We had peanut butter and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in Peanut Butter Ice Cream. A little bit of heaven before CWP's busiest week takes off.

The news, however, of Sunday was the 106 temperature outside. It was a little too thick to gather one's thinking. I made pulled chicken, green beans and tomatoes, and coleslaw - a delicious dinner (meanwhile, Chitunga was invited out so *poof* on that). Abu came home, however, and devoured the goods.

The leftovers will come in handy on Sunday night.

Today, I get the pleasure of presenting to 40 individuals in a College Essay / Capstone collaborative on writing for success. It's a new genre to put these two groups together, but I think it will be a natural fit. Scholarship in action is what it is all about.

It's Monday, people. Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment