Saturday, July 6, 2019

FYI: This Guy Right Here? Um, Not the Corn Hole Champion of July 5, 2019. Nope. That Title Belongs to Me! The Man of Mt. Pleasant

I shouldn't admit this, but I think we spent around 7 hours playing Corn Hole in the back yard. Actually, I got up and went for a run, and Abu and Mo took Glamis for a 6 mile walk, but the rest of the day we became obsessed with Corn Hole - a tournament of sorts, in which I only lost one game (to Mo) which was probably for the best. It gave me just enough break to grill some rib-eyes and mash some potatoes.

Let's just say that I channeled my inner Patrick Kelly. I had his kind-of-game (but not the kind of game we're celebrating today. Yesterday, he proposed to Stephanie and she accepted. We have lots of reasons to be dancing in southern Connecticut today).

In the evening, I went to get peanut butter cups for ice cream. When I returned, alumni of Ubuntu Academy: Lambert, Omar and Arcadius were at the house to say hello to Abu. There was a brief FIFA tournament, and then they left, leaving us to YouTube videos, including all the videos of yesteryear in my IPhotos. We couldn't help but watch them from the last 8 years and, well, feel sort of old.

Gosh. The time has flown by. 2008 to 2019. Snap. Just like that.

And now Patrick has proposed to Stephanie. Shaking my head how fast it all goes. I can still remember how nervous he was when he went out with her on their first day. He even put on a button down shirt that night.

Okay, Saturday, you gave me Thursday and Friday as a weekend, so today I need to get more serious with my responsibilities. It's supposed to rain and I got this. I won't feel guilty being inside nerding out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment