Sunday, July 7, 2019

Channeling My Sisters For This Brunch Gathering; I'm Not Sure I Know What I'm Doing With This One

The USA Women's soccer team will be playing this morning at 11 a.m. and to be sure we see the whole game, Mt. Pleasant was voted as the location for viewing. Apparently, other cable suppliers have had spotty reception with he World Cup for Women's teams. It's all good. I have fanatics living in the house and from what I hear there are back to back championship games today. I said, "We can do brunch."

Um. I don't do breakfast except for a cup of coffee and a bowl of Raisin Bran. I do love eating breakfast, however, especially our Christmas Day tradition in Manlius at my little sister's house.

So, I got eggs and I can handle the casserole. The French Toast casserole, however, I handed off to someone else. Bev and Leo are bringing bagels and cinnamon rolls and I have both turkey and pork bacon. I'm also going to cut up a fruit salad for the game.

Seems sort of sad to know that the last of the 4-day weekend is coming to a close today. Tomorrow, the 4-weeks of absolute crazy begins, and there will be very few spaces to catch my breath. I have enjoyed the last four days, though, and winding into the day as it revealed what it wanted itself to be.

One last hoorah for the weekend. Brunch. And a day of soccer, with a Chitunga return.

No comments:

Post a Comment