Monday, July 8, 2019

Okay, Monday. You Shackle Me Back To What You Need From Me, But I Am Refreshed From The Four-Day Weekend

Still fresh. But she said, "Yes." It's not my place, either, to throw the rice at this blog. But, I will throw a verbal 4-day holiday celebration their way...from the 4th to their proposal. I begin with a special congratulations to Stephanie and Patrick. I was thrilled to have them visiting on the last Sunday of break before we return, simply to watch the Women's World Cup match, and to allow us to share our happiness for their marriage to come (Stephanie is my dog's vet. Glamis is super thrilled).

Yesterday was spent celebrating the women's USA team's incredible victory, but also welcoming Chitunga back into the fold. He took off for a week and returned just in time for his internship to take off. I suppose I'm selfish, but everything makes more sense and is more worthwhile when he's at home and operating from the Stratford address.

We had a successful brunch: bagels, eggs, bacon, French toast, fruit and cinnamon rolls. We watched the women's team dominate and had a few rounds of corn hole out back.

It was a 4-day excursion of kayaks, oceans, pools, 5K runs, cleaning and celebration. I'm not sure if we'll ever get the rendezvous of break of this past weekend, but I know for the rest of July I will be looking for it.

We all deserve breaks in our schedule and I've thoroughly enjoyed the last few days.

Bring on the kids. We are up and at 'em. It all begins anew this week and doesn't end until August. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment