Monday, July 1, 2019

Dog Days of Summer - Sunday Concerts at Walnut Beach and a Low-Key, Roll With It Kind of Day

It's the time of the year to watch the low and high tides wash in on Walnut Beach and to fill our coolers with tequila drinks and friendship to absorb the weekend Sunday bands at the pavilion.

The storms blew in over the afternoon bringing less humid air and much cooler breezes to make the weekend that much more exceptional. It was nice to capture some down time after a Saturday of running around with my head cut off working on home shenanigans.

This week, I will welcome the 20+ teachers to the Invitational Leader Institute and begin our summer of The Superpower of Hope. I can't wait to soak in the energy of our plan. It should be the best summer yet.

Meanwhile, I found basil and hollyhock and I'm excited to get them in the ground near the tomato plants I out into the ground on Saturday. I'm all about tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese in the summer.

Abu and Akech should arrived early this week and I'm excited to host a Kentucky teacher with us this summer, a young man from Murray, Kentucky who is enroute to do his doctoral studies at UMass, taking a short stint with us in Connecticut.

Yes, it's supposed to be down time and I take it when I can get it. In the meantime, I am way to excited for the writing that is about to occur. Here's to July! The best month of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment