Tuesday, July 23, 2019

No, @AbuBility It's Not Obsessive - It's Called Organized, Tetris-Like, and Efficient. Learn How To Shop, Kid.

Perhaps it is a neurotic if you want to see it that way. You can call it obsessive, too, and a little to uptight and compulsive.

I, however, see it as a game, and I'm unable to buy my groceries unless all the items are on the conveyor belt in the most puzzle-efficient, organized and solidified fashion. It's a game, too, and I'm sorry, Abu, for yelling at you for the way you lay the groceries onto the checkout counter.

Yes, Yes, Yes, I know that we habitually seem to be at Big Y or BJs, but I thought you knew by now that an organized, packed solid, sequential grocery sprawl is the only way one is allowed to leave a store. You can laugh all you want saying, "I'll let you take care of this," but I hope I proved my point yesterday. When the register lady got to our items, she recognized a brilliant mind, a thought-provoking thinker and a man who knows how to shop.

This is exactly how it is supposed to be done, and it WAS done once again.

There's a metaphor here somewhere, especially for anyone who knows me, knows me. I'm usually crazy, wild, random and highly spastic. Then I get called on this @#$#@! and I am found out. Truth is, I have a very Big Bang Theory kind-of brain and my compulsive tendencies leak out for what they really are.

Rigid.

I admit it. This is the real me (as is the man who MUST return the shopping cart to the front of the store). It's the little things that matter most and if you simply allowed me to slap items haphazardly onto the belt I would have lost my brain. Some things are meant to be precise and in rhythm.

This is one of them.

And with that, we have another day of work to tackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment