Wednesday, August 7, 2019

We Need The Rain. Why? Because How Else Are We Going To Have Any Flowers?

The good thing about watered plants is that they pay you back with blooms and this year, fingers crossed, the monarchs, swallowtails and buckeyes seems to be in nirvana with the nectar of pinks, purple, white and yellow flowers. This isn't my garden, but mine is just as robust. This is Lasse's which we spent dining out at last night in Milford. Nothing like $12 chicken dinner Tuesdays (and it comes with French Onion Soup).

Predictions call for much more rain today which is good for the lawn and for pre-semester planners such as myself. Might as well take advantage of the wetness to get on top of putting bows on summer programs and thinking ahead to the semester and conference season ahead. I'm also looking forward to Saugatuck StoryFest II and am excited to bring Ronnie Sidney, Dr. Kelly Chandler Olcott and Jarred Amato to Fairfield County.

The lawn needs mowing but it can wait a day.

I am good with having an indoor day to get on top of things that need organizing, planning, and precision so they are carried forward for tomorrow.

Chitunga made it safe to Syracuse and Glamis got the consolation prize of a long, long walk to reflect on the summer (that was more for me than for her)(I also got Chicken Marsala at Lasse's).

It's Hump Day and I'm ready to transition to all still to come.

Might this mean a day of cleaning? My house hopes so!

No comments:

Post a Comment