Saturday, August 17, 2019

Day One Without Internet (Post Initiated the Day Before We Left). Headed Out of Civilization with Chitunga

Their pill boxes are clean and they were fed with Wegman's subs. Pops wore his Superman t-shirt and they promised to watch the dog all weekend (I took her for a long walk just in case).

Chitunga and I are heading to a summer camp in Croghan, New York where I hope to not be eaten by a bear and where, I hear, there is no service to civilization. I'm anticipating a weekend of much reading, incredible nature and umbrellas (it's supposed to rain while we're there).

This is Old Forge land, where my mother flipped from a snowmobile and once broker her shoulder (imagine that, just a few miles from where she walked into the wall at the St. Lawrence's River).

I feel like I'm revisiting my days in Rochester, Vermont, where I was out of human contact for days.

Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment