Monday, August 26, 2019

Glamis Has Conditioned Me On Daily Walks, But Now Grocery Stores Need To Train Me On Remembering My Bags

Beginning August 1st, Connecticut moved to supporting the use of less plastic bags in the state. It is long overdue, although I do love the bags for picking up dog doody on walks with Glamis the Wonderdog. The plastic is a pain and a waste and for years I've hated it. I'd rather have paper bags, because they are easy to burn in the fire pit.

Regardless, I have a good 20 grocery bags purchased so that I no longer have to collect the excessive plastic bags. It only makes sense and is logical. It's just that I am not trained yet to remember to grab the bags from my trunk. Every time I enter the store I immediately think "@#$%@%, I forget the bags," and run back to get them. I'm getting better at it, but still forget.

I was thinking about this as I walked Glamis yesterday and used an ol' school plastic bag to clean up her mess. Glamis loves to sniff grass and check her messages from other dogs, and I love to walk fast and get moving. We have this on-going battle of keeping the pace and stopping to sniff around. She's learned that she can literally stop on a lawn and pretend she really, really has to go, simply to sniff the spots on our walk that brings her ecstasy and joy. She will squat after she gets me to stop walking, but she rarely pees. She will sniff for a minute then squat and pretend to pee. She never does, but I'm onto her game.

I am conditioned.

Now I need to do the same for myself with the grocery bags.

Bryan, Bring The Bags With You!

No comments:

Post a Comment