Monday, August 12, 2019

I Needed This Day To Rearrange for Fall. Cleaning Done. House Rearranged. Adjustments Made.

I did this before the chaos of summer began...rearranged the dining room into a living room, cleaned the kids' rooms and prepared for the summer crazy of young adult literacy labs and a teacher institute.

Knowing that I plan to head to Syracuse this week, I did another round of cleaning so I can return to the Fall semester with everything in order.

Phew. I wish I was better at the domestic side of things. When there's a crew in the house, I don't feel as bad about a messy household because I have others to blame. When it is just me and Glamis, I know it is just the two of us. It is all my fault.

I have one major meeting in the afternoon, and then tomorrow morning I'm free to do a Syracuse run. The laundry is folded, the dishes are put away and the books are back on all their shelves. My lawn is mowed and recycling is in gear to bring back to Big Y. Staying on top of the house order is no easy task.

I just wish the tomatoes were ready for picking. They're getting there, but far from ripe...Still budding and beginning their bulbous selves.

I have too many books. You can't see it here, but it is true. I only wish that my bookshelves could clean themselves. Alas, it is what it is and I did the best that I could.

This is a random post...not much eventful happened except the purge.

No comments:

Post a Comment