Sunday, August 25, 2019

Harmonizing with Mother Nature, the Backyard, my Adirondack Chairs and a Couple of Good Books,

Harmonizing with Mother Nature, the backyard, my Adirondack chairs and a couple of good books, I simply allowed myself to vegetate in the backyard with the cardinal birds, bumble bees and butterflies playing in the last blooms of summer and enjoying the non-humid, 80 degree sun like I did.

It wasn't all relaxing, as I also did laundry, cleaned and rearranged the downstairs, and meandered, perhaps, a little too much on the Internet catching up on the chaotic world and hoping/wishing/ dreaming of a better world. One that is more human and less full of hate. We are pretty pathetic creatures and for a few decades, I forgot about this.

At night, I also was sucked into the last episodes of season 3 of Stranger Things. I'm late to the series, haven't watched the first 2 seasons, but was instantly hooked by the Goonies meets Twilight Zone storyline. Odd how that happens.

I'm in desperate need of a few desk days, thumbing through books, writing, taking notes and planning. I think because we're still out of Canisius Hall that I'm able to procrastinate on all that more than I usually do. Even so, the work is piling up and I'm going to regret not being full force with some time off doing stuff that is time-wise for the pace that is around the corner,

I scratch my head, however, and say that it's good to let the brain rest some...to recoup, if you will.

This year's garden was extra colorful and the insects are loving it. I know next year, the 6th year on Mt. Pleasant, I will have to dig up and spread the perennials some more as everything is a wee bit overcrowded. I will need, however, Chitunga to move some of the rocks as I'm afraid of creating Herbert, Henry's hernia brother, if I try to do it all on my own.

Happy day of rest, world. It's Sunday and another spectacular day. We have arrived at the season of sleeping with the windows open which is a beautiful thing. I promise to take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment