Thursday, August 29, 2019

Ending a Day with Cheeseburgers and a Photo Of The Neighbor's Sunflower Hovering Over My Fence

I woke up, showered, and attempted to shave with my toothbrush. I guess that means that the grind is back. I went to work to return to the original office and the first thing I unpacked, a tape-dispenser, lost its bottom panel and poured sand all over the new rug. I just cleaned all the counters, the desk and shelves, too. Beach party everywhere.

Last night, I tossed a new squeaky ball to Glamis and it bounced off her nose and simply disappeared. Usually, wherever it goes, she stands and whines. Nothing. No clue where it went and I searched everything on my hands and knees.

Then the rain came. I was determined, however, to cook burgers before I returned to editing. I succeeded, and also noticed that the neighbor's sunflower hanging over my fence bloomed. It's all good, except I turned the t.v. on at 9 only to remember that Big Brother is on at 8 on Wednesdays. I missed it. That was the goal for the day - to watch mindless television.

It's all good. I have cheeseburgers for the next couple of days.

Fairfield University welcomed its new faculty and the picnic in their honor, a total washout, was held cautiously inside Bellarmine Hall. It's always great to meet newbies, even though it feels like I just arrived.

This will be my 8th year. It doesn't seem possible.

I'm heading back to editing mode this morning, followed by office mode (if I can) and a Saugatuck StoryFest meeting in the afternoon. I will forever wonder how it is that time seems to move faster and faster. I'm already plugging dates for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. That's crazy. I even had a discussion today for Spring 2022. My brain doesn't work that way. I prefer living in the moment.

Like having to wipe toothpaste from my cheek or digging out of my office with a beach pail shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment