Monday, April 1, 2019

My Own March Madness: Grading, Planning, But Still Watching (& Texting My Aunt Bobbie in Cali)

Two powerhouses went down on Sunday, and I multitasked while watching them. They were exciting games that likely disappointed half of the people who were invested in them. For me, I simply love the sport and watch for the thrill.

While I was grading through the games, my Aunt Bobbie was texting me from California while taking care of her husband, grandson, several dogs, and a two-year old in. who she watches. She wanted to know if I was watching the Lady Cards, and I was, but they lost. I asked if she was watching UK. She said my Uncle Dick was. She then texted to say, "UK won." I responded, "They game is still going." Long story short, they were watching a rerun of UK and Texas Tech from two days ago. I kept texting her the score and she said, "You're crazy. The game is over. They won."

Nope. Turns out she was multitasking herself with all under her care and didn't realize they were watching an older game. She wrote, "All these years of U of L and UK. I'll leave that to you and your uncle. I have too many other things to do!"

And she does. Phew! She told me that my cousin Pat told her she needs to do another ten years, then she can go retire with me and I'll take care of her. I told her she'd be welcome at any time. She's always been an energizer bunny, taking care of everyone else. It is her nature.

But now we have another Monday. The day is full with meetings and courses to teach and I'm definitely feeling the rush of the end of the semester. The madness never seems to end in the academic world. That is why basketball keeps me sane...it peaks at the exact time that I need the entertainment and excitement.

The only fool, once again, is this clown entering April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment